Seurat is the first instrument to use our AGRA engine (Advanced Grain Recombination Architecture).
Essentially this is a highly-customisable granular synthesis engine, used across the two complementary voices.
Seurat allows you to manipulate the normal granular controls – grain size, grain frequency, attack and release of each grain and sample position but also adds a range of additional parameter controls for things like grain gain (volume), grain position variation (movement), the space between grains and the symmetry of grain positions in the audio flow offering a range of interesting and often unique outcomes.
Please Note: The FULL version of Kontakt 5.7 or above is required (Not for Kontakt Player)
Seurat offers an unconventional collection of sounds for movie scoring and sound design.
Seurat uses our powerful AGRA engine (Advanced Grain Recombination Architecture). Essentially this is a highly-customisable granular synthesis engine, Seurat allows you to manipulate the normal granular controls – grain size, grain frequency, attack and release of each grain and sample position but adds a range of additional parameter controls for things like grain gain(volume), grain position (movement), the space between grains and the symmetry of grain position in the audio flow offering a range of interesting and often unique outcomes.
Seurat comes with 707 Samples, 81 Selectable Sound Sources and 175 snapshots, each grouped into separate folders for ease of access.
Here are some of the instruments and recording techniques used in the creation of Seurat:
- Mesh fabric fastened flush to the bow, creating a gritty, broken sound (used for a variety of “articulations” such as tremolo and harmonics)
- Felt fabric fastened near the bridge to create a softened/muted sound (most notably for “Soft Violin” but other sounds as well)
- Attaching metal and other materials to the strings to achieve a different sound (“paperclip violin”)
- and more….
Electric Guitar/Acoustic Guitar
- Home-made soft guitar picks or soft “found” material for the normal picked sounds
- Felt fabric and other fabrics used to mute guitar harmonics
- A technique used for the “moving” plucked and harmonic sounds was to move where I was plucking the string in order to create a different tone across the time of the sample
- Isolating and amplifying reverb tails
- Notes generated only from vibrating the strings with the left hand and fingers, no plucking (“ghost guitar”)
- Notes generated only from a hammeron and then turning the volume knob up (“volumation”)
- and more…
- Normal bowed
- Mesh fabric bowed (similar to the violin, but not as “tonal”)
- Bowed in a “sweet spot” near the bridge in order to create a gritty, harmonic-like, dark sound (these are the “Gritty Harmonic” sounds)
- Muted pedal sustain (pretty basic)
- Muted on and off with fabric (at the strings) while rapidly pressing the keys
- Muted pedal sustain pressing keys rapidly with a varying degree of dynamics
- Live performance of rapidly playing different intervals (octaves and whole tones, “octave etude” and “debussy’s dream” respectively)
- And more…
- Multiple strings tuned to same note and plucked together (“mandolin unison plucked”)
- Basic pluck with a home-made “cardboard” pick
- Fidget spinner
- And more…
- “flamenco” style plucked –using 4 fingers and rapidly plucking the same string
- “brushing” notes with felt fabric
NEW in Version 1.1:
- Seurat now responds to Sustain/Damping pedal -with your pedal engaged Seurat will continue to sustain the currently playing notes indefinitely – or until you release the pedal.
- Your Modulation wheel will now move each value in the “space” table up and down – Seurat will maintain the shape you have drawn into the table – and this will affect the space between grains accordingly.
- CC 12 now does the same for the Voice 1 position table – and will affect where Seurat harvests grains from and thus the sound of Voice 1
- CC 13 now does the same for Voice 2 position table – and will affect where Seurat harvests grains from and thus the sound of Voice 2
NEW in Version 1.5:
- Seurat now features an intelligent randomise feature. Pressing the logo on the main page will generate instant unique sounds
- New snapshots
NEW in Version 1.6: (Please install V1.6 as a new product)
- Seurat now features a ‘Reverse’ feature. Reverse individual voices for interesting new textures
- New snapshots
NEW in Version 1.61: Snapshots (Please download additional snapshots folder)
- Aesthete | Seurat – Neo Impressionist Vol 1 – 100 Free patches for Channel Robot & Divergent Audio Group Seurat Grain Synth from sound designer Aesthete. Seurat Version 1.6 update minimum needed (for reverse feature).
Submit your review
Submit your review